E-Waste Workshop

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  recyclism 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

recyclism

Thinking of organising an e-waste workshop for Gli.tc/h

http://www.ewasteworkshop.com/

yolk
    yolk
    Participant

Interesting. I can see this opening up a more approachable avenue for people that are interested in technology and are still afraid to ask.

Picture unrelated.

nickbriz
    Key Master

rad! I agree, think an e-waste workshop could be a great 101 for folks! both in terms of political ideas (planned obsolescence) but also a great technical DIY experience

recyclism

Yes. so an e-waste workshop / ReFunct Media install + performances by some of the talented participants, using the install as performance environment/base.

jon.satrom
    jon.satrom
    Participant

That sounds awesome! Super xcited!

jeffkolar
    Participant

Sounds great!

Jon & Nick – Which venue, practically speaking, would be most suitable for the ReFunct Media project install? Tritriangle or HCL? Can both accommodate installations?

recyclism

Since I don’t know anything about either spaces, could you guys send me links to those venues and some info? Where the festival held also? same place? over several venues?

jon.satrom
    jon.satrom
    Participant

Hi every01, I talked to TGFKAHD (AKA The Gallery Formerly Known as Happy Dog) about doing the PM 3PM-6PM(++later if needed) Thread there… This will put it in the same building as TriTriangle, but will allow for more space and time…

It’s large & open and they are super excited!

On the schedule, you’ll see the PM part of this thread migrates to TGFKAD (in blue) to have time to construct/destruct… Saturday evening, we can have it open for viewing/performing…

recyclism

Please add you rnane if you are planning on working on the installation ReFunct Media @GLI.TC/H (that way I have a better idea of how many we are): http://working.gli.tc/forums/topic/participants/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.